Welcome to the
Philadelphia Aviation Country Club
The Philadelphia Aviation Country Club was founded in March of 1931 by a group of local residents, all of who were prominent in aviation circles. The original clubhouse, which is still in use, was converted from an old farm dwelling. It became the home of The Philadelphia Aviation Country Club (PACC) when the Wings Corporation of Camden, New Jersey purchased the entire farm and converted it into an airport.
Pay Your Club Fees Online
AOPA was Founded at the Club in May of 1939
During the 1930’s, there were a number of associated aviation clubs in other cities, such as Los Angeles, California, Hicksville, New York and Cleveland, Ohio. Reciprocal privileges were extended to club members and it was originally anticipated that the idea of associated clubs should expand to the rest of the country. These plans were interrupted by the advent of WWII, which severely curtailed civil aviation. During the war, a restricted zone was established along the eastern seaboard, which limited all flights except those for defense purposes. The clubhouse was used in the latter part of the war for aviation ground school and navigation classes.